Sunday, April 20, 2008

Some numbers

A few people have been asking for numbers on a few things, so here you go.

Winter population 125
Men 91 (wild speculation says 79 of these men are single)
Women 34 (wild speculation says 21 of these women are single) These numbers support one of my favorite Antarctic phrases that describes a woman's chance of getting a man: "The odds are good, but the goods are odd." I'm sure that phrase is probably used in engineering environments everywhere, but I first heard it when I came here.

Current temperature: -9F
Temperature with the windchill: -44F at Pegasus, brr!
South Pole: -90F.

Sunrise today: 11:52pm
Sunset today: 2:11pm
Today was the last day we saw the full sun. For the next few days, it rides the horizon and then it is gone. We'll have sunlight on the horizon for another few weeks though.

Days until we leave: Unknown, should be between 120-150.

Number of work orders in my queue: 19.

2 comments:

  1. do you have a calendar where you can X-mark the days gone by? i suppose that wouldn't be a great idea because it'd be depressing to see the days passing by either too quickly or too slowly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy,
    I don't have a calendar like that. I just keep on trucking. A lot of people use the penguin timer or donut of misery that I blogged about here though:
    http://frozenbrody.blogspot.com/2008/01/count-down.html

    ReplyDelete