I've been getting a bunch of requests for my new address:
William Brotman, RPSC
PSC 469 Box 700
APO AP 96599-1035
I might have a phone and pager too. If you want those, ask.
What to send? I don't know. I came a lot more prepared than last time. The best thing you could honestly send is a letter or e-mail letting me know how you are. A lot of people back home seem to think their life is boring in comparison to what I am doing down here, but I miss the conversations we would be having about that minutia of life if I were able to spend time with you.
Things to send (someone summed most of these as luxury items that are consumable):
- Bulk granola cereal from wholefoods or sunflower market would be fantastic.
- Trader Joe's dried fruit.
- Froodles from CO springs would be brilliant
- MyChai concentrate (made in Bend, OR)
- Reese's Pieces or Peanut Butter cups
- Energy snacks (Clif, Luna, Jelly Belly Sport, etc)
- Oregon Chai (accept no substitutes) is always good, but I have a LOT here
- 'Fancy' microwave meals like 'Tasty Bites' indian food are great (we can buy the basic ones like mac&cheese, soup, etc here)
- Music or book that you think I'll love
- Book of crosswords
- PACKING PEANUTS (use newspaper or bubble wrap)
- Hot chocolate (pales compared to the OC!)
- Foot Warmers
- Hand Warmers
- Trinkety stuff that shouldn't be sent to the most environmentally protected place on earth
- Computer gear
- Granola bars
- Anything I'd want to keep, but is challenging to travel with or ship home
- Anything I need more than a microwave to cook
- Drugs or medicines
- Sheets or clothes