Friday, February 09, 2024

My brother is at the South Pole too!?!?!?!?!

 Within about an hour of landing at the South Pole, I was given a radio that I am expected to carry at all times. After reluctantly carrying a cell phone back home, it's kind of funny that I am in one of more the isolated places on Earth, but carrying something bigger and heavier. We always have them on us for to call for help or to respond to emergencies. I'm not great at carrying it al the time yet, but I am getting better.

Normally, a radio would not be worth posting about it, but the orange radio says Tait at the top and Brotman 220 just below it. The box says the same. That's my brother! Welcome to the South Pole, Tait! Super random.  The 220 is my radio channel.


This is just a silly photo from the TAIT company web page, that feels like an oxymoron.




1 comment: